Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pearl Market and Shaiman Island

Ready to start the day. This is one of Luke's baby outfits. It's so fun seeing my new little one able to wear the same outfit.
 We went to the Pearl Market. It is overwhelming trying to figure out the exact strand of pearls you want. I do not have the ability to determine what a good set looks like. We went for shiny without spots. They told us they were high quality. Who really knows. As long as we think they are pretty I guess that is what counts.
 We took a short cab ride to Shaiman Island. This is where the White Swan Hotel is located. Before they began reconstruction it was the hotel all adopting families stayed at. It has more Brittish looking architecture and lots of fun statues. We ate hamburgers and French fries at Lucy's.It was niceto have some American food. The pictures on the wall were all American celebrities, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe etc.


 This statue is popular with adoptive parents. They stick their babies in the empty space in line. Nathan sweetly stood there not sure what to do. He is so serious when he is unsure about his environment.

 I took this for Jon. He loves Chess. They had little chess pieces sitting around.

I liked these ladies. Robert wanted me to practice my curtsey.


No comments:

Post a Comment